Thursday, May 8, 2014

Indiana Blue Carnival Glass & Barbour Silver Vase


So I found some excellent Indiana Harvest carnival glass in blue today. I have the drinking glasses that go with them (not the goblets), but they are on a moving truck at the moment.

I found out the pitcher was made by Barbour in the mid to late 1800s. There's a giant T (on the side not pictured), and I'm assuming it was part of the Tarversville silver that belong to the Tarver side of my family. Which is super neat, because I have a blog post on their houses right here! http://www.andyzimm.com/2011/05/my-familys-plantation-homes_4121.html
I'm going to get a dremel attachment to finish polishing the vase and to clean the nooks and crannies.

I'm going to get a new curio, display case, or china cabinet that work to display all this stuff. I'm going to need something that blends modern with antique, and is upper echelon enough to host the Tiffany, Loetz, and Steuben I plan to acquire in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment