Saturday, December 20, 2014

My Trip To Callaway Gardens - Fantasy In Lights

As a child I would go with my mom, dad, aunt, and grandmother every year to see the Fantasy In Lights at Callaway Gardens. I started going in 1992 and must have stopped around 2006, as it got quite repetitive seeing the exact same lights (sans a few new additions). However, this year I decided that I would take my family once more to see the Christmas lights at Callaway. 

After having not seen them in almost ten years, they were quite a sight to behold. I had forgotten how gorgeous they are and how they illuminate the night quite strikingly. I had forgotten how one has to drive a few miles before lights appear, but they slowly started to appear as if they had never left. There are a few differences that I remember, which may be due to my brain misfiring. I remember some of the songs being different, such as the 12 Days of Christmas having a much different and better arrangement. Perhaps the tired old cassette tape they had was the only place that version of the song could be found. I also remember the lights being on different routes and in different order. I swear the lighted Twin Trees were on the right side, and this year they were on the left.

Anyway, I was able to snap a few pictures while riding in the car. Enjoy! If you're near the Pine Mountain, GA; Columbus, GA; or Atlanta, GA area you must go see Fantasy In Lights at least once in your life.

 Christmas Tree Lane
 Swan Lake
Snowflake Valley
Twin Trees
Magical Christmas Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment