Monday, June 6, 2011

I Cleaned Out My Closet.

I cleaned out my closet for the first time since probably 1998. Now, I have cleaned my closet since then, but only a little here, a little there while getting rid of unwanted junk and clothes.

This time, however, I took absolutely everything out of it, and proceeded to organize everything into boxes, and throw away any clothes I haven't worn in a year, and to throw away old books, magazines, tests, office supplies, mementos, broken CDs, and all the skeletons that were in there. Probably a few dust bunnies too.

It's amazing that the stuff I did find though. I found my grandmother's key chain that I always loved. A few years before she died, she gave it to me, and it had been missing for years. It's this beautiful crystal ball that is cut to be a prism set in this silver setting. Gorgeous.

I also found my turtle necklace that I had custom made by Dennis in Costa Rica during my 2004 trip. I really thought that thing was lost forever. Can't believe the bags of clothes and shoes that I had never even opened before. Too bad they're so old that the clothes are too big and the shoes are too small!

No comments:

Post a Comment